1) How long will I be in residential treatment?
The length of stay is different for each individual and will be determined with the help of your Case Manager based on your specific needs.
2) Will I have to share a room?
Yes, you will have to share a room. Addiction and alcoholism are disorders that isolate individuals and part of the treatment experience and the path to wellness are to help you break free of that isolation.
3) Is there a restriction period?
Yes, it is a 7 day orientation/stabilization period. During this time you will be able to receive mail, however you will not be allowed phone calls or visitation. Your loved one is welcome to call and speak with our staff to find out how you are doing.
4) Is there support for loved ones?
Yes, Pathways has a strong family program that family members are encouraged to participate in to start their own healing process. Pathways staff can also help with referrals for Al-Anon groups and family therapy if needed. Participation in the Thursday family program will allow you visitation on Sundays. Family group on Thursday’s are from 9:00 am to 11:30 am, participation is required in order to participate in the visiting that is held on Sunday’s, from 2:00 pm- 3:30 pm.
5) Can I have visits from loved ones?
Yes, we encourage participation from loved ones. Part of the healing process is done with those loved ones. Participation in the Thursday family program will allow you visitation on Sunday’s.
6) What will I need to bring with me?
- No more than 8 outfits, laundry facilities are provided. Do not bring any clothing that depicts drugs or alcohol. No tank tops, halter tops, see through clothing or items that reflect questionable or objectionable material, no short shorts / skirts.
- Bring comfortable clothing for sleeping.
- Pathways provides linens, pillows and bath towels, so we ask that you do not bring any personal linens or towels.
- Personal hygiene items, these products cannot contain alcohol. If you don’t have access to personal hygiene items they will be supplied for you.
- Stamps and envelopes.
- If you are currently taking medications please bring them with you. They must be in the original container and expired medications will not be allowed.
- You may bring money, we suggest that you only bring $20.00 with you.
- Please bring your ID and insurance card with you.
7) What items are not allowed?
No food, sodas or candy is allowed, Pathways will provide you with plenty of healthy food options and snacks. No electronic devices, such as radios, cameras, iPods, computers, tablets or cell phones are allowed. Any disallowed items brought will be inventoried, stored and returned upon your discharge.
8) Can I use tobacco in treatment?
Yes, tobacco can be used in designated areas. Pathways is committed to providing resources for you to quit smoking if you chose to do so.
- Daily exercise.
- Spiritual activities that include church services.
- Clean comfortable living and common areas.
- Medication supervision and scheduling.
- Nutritious meals and snacks. Special dietary needs are addressed as needed.
For further information, please call us at 530-742-6670